Sunday, August 22, 2010

for all children grow up...except one.

My its been a long time since I posted and so much has happened. I finished packing all of my things and past, it was weird. And it was really difficult to pack things away and even just packing, it was boring. I would have rather been hanging out with family and friends that I might not be seeing for a while.
On my last night in Omaha, my dad and I went out for a nice dinner at one of our favorite spots, Shucks. We sat next to this great little family, the wife was from Denver so she gave me a list of great restaurants to go to, the husband had just gotten back from San Francisco so dad shared some of his favorite places, and they're opening a restaurant someday! Dad and I split the Ahi tuna sandwich and snow crab legs, WHICH WERE DELICIOUS. It had been so long since I'd had crab legs and they were so succulent. Then we went home and watched The Last Song. I had watched it already, but it was so good I didn't mind watching again. I cried this time. Then Ben came over and we rented Peter Pan. Later I thought of the irony in watching Peter Pan a movie about a boy that never grows up on the eve of the day I move out to Denver and grow up.
The next morning, yesterday, I woke up early and got ready for my venture out to Denver, 8 hours on the road alone. It was surprisingly easier than I had expected. Luckily I had plenty of water, a white chocolate mocha, a bagel, 2 sandwiches, dill pretzels, candy and trail mix in case I needed, which some of them came to the rescue. Emily surprised me early and gave me a full Love Actually presentation complete with posterboards and music. I'm going to miss that girl and how special of a friend she is. Not that we won't be friends anymore because she is one of my few that I will very much stay close with.
There was a time when I used to think or wonder that if I was ever seriously hurt or in an accident which of my friends would come visit me or notice I was gone. Luckily I was able to see who my friends are without having to be in any pain. Wednesday night I had a group outing to Goodnights and a bunch of my friends came to see me off. It was wonderful and I am blessed to have such wonderful friends.
Back to Saturday, I was reluctant to believe that Ben would make it to see me off despite him assuring me he wouldn't miss it. He was right, he didn't. I started crying instantly. It was like all the tears I had been holding back came flooding to the surface. I cried the first hour of the drive. I arrived at my cousin, Danny and family's, around 4 pm and have felt more than welcome ever since. I'm still really nervous for my first day tomorrow and moving in general, but I'm starting to feel more ok with the idea.
More on Denver and the move later!
Now listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Maps.

If you're going on any road trips soon, here's a great cd that kept me company:
Trippin'

  1. Footsteps- Nelo
  2. She's Mine- Brett Dennen
  3. Our Kind of Love- Lady Antebellum
  4. Stuck Like Glue- Sugarland
  5. Maybe- Ingrid Michaelson
  6. The Only Exception- Paramore
  7. Love the Way you Lie- Rihanna
  8. Smoke a Little Smoke- Eric Church
  9. If It's Love- Train
  10. Lasso- Phoenix
  11. Right Me Up- State Radio
  12. Hey Ya- Obadiah Parker
  13. Rolling- Better than Ezra
  14. Ordinary People- John Legend
  15. Don't You Evah- Spoon
  16. Beautiful- Tristan Prettyman
  17. Stay or Leave- DMB
  18. It's A New Day- Will.I.Am
  19. Shark in the Water- VV Brown
  20. Wavin' Flag- K'Naan

No comments:

Post a Comment