Sunday, September 5, 2010

oh me oh my. how time does fly.

Well it's been a while since I last updated this and there's good reason for that.

  1. I moved to another state.
  2. I started an intense 2 week course that covered Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Management, IT, and Statistics in place of 3 months next summer.
  3. I tested out of said class.
  4. I had a flat tire my first week in Denver, CO.
  5. I had no internet... or cable.
Here's a picture of sad Liberty with a donut tire. She's all better now.
On the upside, things have been going really well. Laura, my roommate, and I have settled into our apartment and are just finishing with the decorating. Once complete I will upload the new video where we actually have things in our apartment. Since I got here August 21st, I was staying at my cousin's house about 40 minutes away from the apartment and then moved in August 28th.
My first night of real freedom was September 3rd. Like I said it's been busy. Laura and I met up with some friends from undergrad in LoDo (Lower Downtown) and threw back some brewskys. We had a blast and noticed quite quickly how the mountain air really affects your buzz. Needless to say we were a bit tipsy after 2 drinks, let alone 7 beers, a Jagerbomb, and vodka sour later. We stayed til near bar close (2 am) and then walked back to the apartment with another friend.
The next morning we all were up pretty early and enjoyed a lazy Saturday complete with scrambled eggs and turkey, strawberries, and waffles for breakfast. Then Laura and I waited around for our cable guy to come and set us up with internet, cable, and HBO. We pretty much spent the rest of the night catching up on TV and checking Facebook since we hadn't been able to.
Today, I ventured out for a little more exploring of CO. I went to Sniagrab (bargains spelled backwards, up to 75% off on ski/snowboard gear) and bought a new ski jacket and gloves for about $100 less than the jacket was worth alone. I feel good about this purchase and can't wait to use it. And I spun the wheel for free prizes and I was oneeeeeeeeeee click away from a free ski lift ticket. O well better luck tomorrow when I go again.
Then I went out to my cousins' house to go to a Labor Day BBQ. This was so much fun, some of their close friends have a little potluck/BBQ and they set up a volleyball net to play. We were there for 9 hours, and I played volleyball probably for 5. If you know me at all, you know I am a terrible volleyball player, but I keep it interesting and entertaining. I met lots of great people around my age so I know some people and will have friends to go out with or just bounce ideas and dinners off of.
Anyway, so I just got home, and I'm going to bed, and more updates soon, because thankfully the internet has returned.
xoxo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment