Sunday, September 12, 2010

rockies and jello shots. that's what denver does.


This was a big week for Laura and I and the apartment.  Thursday I went on a campus tour of University of Denver.  It was great, especially to see the rest of the campus and where things were so I don't look like a lost loser anymore. I'm still only really aware of how to get from point A to point B, but at least I know what the scenic route and pretty things are. Here's some pictures.

View of the undergrad side of campus.

Just a view of one side of campus and the Penrose Library.
The Daniels College of Business is just off to the right
behind one the trees.
Sturm School of Law (gorgeous)

Magness Arena in the Ritchie Center for Athletics.




Friday night my cousin Justin and his girlfriend were out to visit for the Diamonbacks vs. the Rockies.  So Laura and I met up with them for the game at Coors Field. Hooray for first Rockies game!!
View from our seats! GREAT SEATS RIGHT BEHIND
HOME PLATE. Row 37.






Laura and I at the game. 



















So it was International Night and Disco Night at the Rockies. Which was really weird.  First they started the game with different cultural entertainments? Like there was a bagpiper, Chinese dancers, and then some other types of dancers.  Then a cute elementary school sang the National Anthem.  Then it turned to Disco Night so every time a Rockies player was on the big screen you would see them dressed in 70s clothes and hairstyles.  The Rockies went on to whip the Dbacks, we left after the 8th inning when it was 12-2 and freezing.

Saturday night was our second Rockies experience, but this time with DCB at DU.  They had a BBQ before for the students and their guests.  I brought Laura and Taylor, one of our friends from Creighton that came to visit.  We also pregamed a little before we went to the BBQ at Jacksons', a local sports bar right by the stadium.  The BBQ was actually really great, I had an amazing Blue Moon broiled brat.  I had been craving a hot dog for a while now, and complete with saurkraut, it was so good.  Then we went up to watch the game from the Rock Pile.
Dbacks in the outfield. Adam LaRoche playing 1st base.


LaRoche up to bat.
View of the field from the Rock Pile with a little
Denver skyline in the background.

We sat with some people I knew from class, not that I particularly liked, but is roommates with Laura's really entertaining and fun cousin.  Plus their friends were really fun to hang out with. During the game, kid that I don't like asked for my number in a super cheesy way that made Taylor laugh.  Here's how it went: "Hey I think there's something wrong with my phone..." Me: "O really, is it frozen? What's wrong with it?" "It doesn't have your number in it." Yea buddy, nice. Unfortunately since he is in my class and I had my phone sitting on my lap at the time I had to give it to him, but in no way was it connected to that awful line. Word to the wise, NO. After the game we went to one of our new friends' houses and played some drinking games and then ventured to Sing Sing, a dueling piano bar.  The piano bar came complete with tons of drinks, we got a few buzz buckets and split them and then I ordered a beer tower with wheat ale for Taylor, Laura, Corey and I to share.  The rest of our new friends were in worse shape than we were, which made for some entertainment.  After Sing Sing we hit up Maloney's and then home for some quesadillas with butter, only the best kind and way to make it. High five me.

Taylor ordered Laura a jello shot, with whipped cream.

Exhibit A of our new friends.


The end of Laura.











No comments:

Post a Comment