Wednesday, August 4, 2010

eat. pray. love.

It's 2 am and unlike most people right now, instead of sleeping, I cannot sleep and so I'm blogging about it. I watched Shutter Island last night and even though it wasn't scary to most people it was severely twisted and I was creeped out the rest of the night that someone was out to get me to send me to an asylum.
Seriously, I slept with the lights on.
Tonight I can't fall asleep either. I don't know what my problem is. I watched Pretty Little Liars, I'm all caught up now thank you very much. And I can't wait for next week's finale. I haven't read the books so I don't know what is going to happen, but I do rest assured that each week Emily is the prettiest and worst actress on the show.
Speaking of reading, I'm upset with myself for not reading more this summer. My summer is now almost up now that I have to be at school an entire 2 weeks earlier than I had planned. Thanks for botching my trip to visit my family, University of Denver, really cool. NOT. They switched up their pre class schedules so many times I couldn't keep my head straight and now they royally messed up my summer and plans.
In honor, or inspiration you could say, of Eat, Pray, Love (the book not the movie, though I haven't read that either), I've made a list of things I hope to do to help me pass the time I waste aimlessly on the internet or sitting around watching TV and movies, which in case you hadn't noticed is entirely too much. I'm not adding them to my bucket list as their small, but not insignificant. I just want to do things that inspire me and take me away whether its picking up an old book or hobby or finding an adventure like I was a Goonie. So here goes nothing:
I want to read. I have lists of books I've wanted to read for too long, but here's my shortened (off memory), and reputable list.
Eat, Pray, Love
Great Expectations
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud
Jurassic Park
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Time Traveler's Wife
The Last Song
I want to scrapbook again. I used to be able to spend countless hours scrapbooking away and taking pride in the memories I was storing in books. I still take pride in them, but I have so many memories that go undecorated. I am barely half way through my London trip from 2 years ago, but those pictures and that book is one that needs to be cherished.
I want to exercise. I hear they release endorphins and endorphins make you happy or something? Yea it sounds great, but when do I find the time to do it? I don't. I busted out my old bike that I haven't ridden since I got a license, probably before that even, because I was too embarrassed to be seen on 2 wheels anymore. I hope I wake up early tomorrow so I can take it out for a spin and see if my legs even work.
I want to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment