Tuesday, July 6, 2010

i won't tell you how to live your life, so please stay far away from mine.

Today I watched Alice in Wonderland with 2 of my favorite cousins. I'd never seen it before, because to be honest the previews freaked me out. The movie overall was decent and I fell asleep in the middle, but loved the soundtrack. I already knew that Motion City Soundtrack was on it singing "Always Running Out of Time". I missed MCS, its kind of amazing how far they've come. I saw them when I was a sophomore in high school at the Sokol Underground in Omaha with a close friend. Immediately I found their sound amazing and their lyrics fun. So cheers to you MCS, may your success grow but not your bigheadedness.

Here's some choice lyrics I've always enjoyed by them:

She's sings a lot of Ben Folds Five. She's scared to death of cobra snakes, just like Indiana Jones. She tells the dumbest knock knock jokes. She drinks a lot of chardonnay. She loves the smell of Christmas trees. She sneezes when she sees bright lights.- Antonia.

Lights out we're covered in each others warm embrace. They carved the message deep within,
Our broken hearts that failed to mend. Make out kids never had a chance to be best friends
.
-Make Out Kids

So we were an accident, You'll always be my favorite one.-My Favorite Accident

I had a pocket full of dreams, But I gave them all to you. Now I think I want 'em back. So can you tell me if I'm crazy or confused? Don't ever change, the way you are. I've never loved anyone more.-The Conversation

I'm on fire, and now I think I'm ready to bust a move. Check it out, I'm rocking steady.-The Future Freaks Me Out

And if you like MCS, check out this video: MCS Covers Pavement

I also watched Remember Me tonight. Excellent film with an amazing twist, highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment