Sunday, July 4, 2010

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real. And I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd.

I am not perfect, of this I am certain. I have made mistakes and done things I've regretted. How do you move on? How do you know when you have overcome them? Do you just start over and hope you're smarter or do you cut yourself off?

Tonight I had a serious talk and reflection of my choices that make me damaged goods and more or less a liability to mankind. It's depressing, and not just for me, but for the people that I've made these choices against and the strangers who relate. I don't mean to hurt you. I don't intend on anything happening but my hopes for us, but I am me and I am terrified of that.

I regret...
cheating on a boyfriend I "loved"
telling a boyfriend or two I loved them without truly knowing how much it meant
fighting until there is nothing more to be said
fighting for a relationship that should have been over
being selfish
hurting people that cared for me.

Who's to say we won't stay together? Who's to say we aren't getting stronger?
Who's to say I can't live without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment